NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
eading a team of Designers and Engineers to complete the projects in compliance with customer requirements within given time frame without compromising the budget and quality of work. Provide feedback and technical support to achieve the project objective.
Functions as a Sr. Engineer or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline.May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas. Continues to learn, remains current and applies independent knowledge and interpretation about standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and procedures relative to assigned tasks.
Has the ability to prepare a variety of complex engineering deliverables. Can perform complex research and develop recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Can prepare complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Manage assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Plans and conducts independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments.
Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.Communicate client interests and drivers to project team members and develop approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on less complex projects. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
- Preparation of Bill of Material (BOM).
- Preparation of Mechanical Data Sheets (MDS) i.e. Enquiry Specifications (RFQ) for the Equipments
- and The Packaged Systems.
- Review of Process Data Sheets and P&ID.
- Calculation of operating/performance parameter for equipment’s.
- Technical discussions with various disciplines for the finalization of the Enquiry specs (RFQ).
- Raising Technical Queries (TQ) where necessary.
- Evaluation of technical offers received against the enquiries. Technical discussions with the vendors.
- Preparation of Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) for submission to the client.
- Preparation of purchase specifications (PS) for the selected vendor.
- Developing basic design, detailed engineering and procurement related activities of Static / Rotating &Package equipment.
- Vendor drawings/Data sheets review in detail pertaining to the designs, installation, Connections and compliance with the enquiry specifications. Inter Disciplinary discussions to complete the review and approval of the drawings.
- Interfacing with other functional department Process, Electrical, Civil, Piping, & Instrumentation etc..
- Technical Discussions with the client and Vendors.
- Attending weekly meetings with clients for proper progress of project.
- Exposure to Pre-bid Engineering, Early Engineering, Detailed Engineering.
- Meeting the requirements of client standards during the execution of projects
- Preparation of Mechanical Handling Study Reports
BE/B.Tech Mechanical with minimum 12 to 15 years of Experience in an oil and gas company in specific engineering services focused on FPSO, FSO, other floating Oil & Gas structures and Offshore platforms is essential.